Sunday, February 15, 2009

Whats Causing All This?


What a great time while I have a minute to catch everyone up to speed whats going on in this life of a Roadie! A " Roadie " is a term that alot of us at Crossroads have nicknamed ourselves! We stay pretty connected, even with our traveling Roadies in the army that cant be with us on sundays, ( and man we miss our Kyle and Rosio ) but its also a term that I give people that follow after Jesus! A Roadie, not just along for the ride, not a groupie, God knows there are way too many groupies in churches today, but a Roadie! Roadies are in it to win it! We are a passionate, vibrant, community of believers who have a cause and that cause it to drive the hell out of you!

Yeah I said it and I aint taking it back! As christians its imperative that we never loose sight of Jesus! I mean after all we are following Him right? Isnt it His life we carry the banner of? Isnt His love we are supposed to be showing? Isnt His love in us that is making all the difference or is it sauving your concience when you go to church? Listen I have been there, been in a place where I got tired of being covered in the dust! Where I thought that I was so far behind Jesus that I will take a detour at the mall and catch up later! Or saying Hey Jesus, its too much, cant do it anymore! I have been there!

In my life as most people know I started doing the P90X workout training course with my friend and his wife. I was at place in my life where I was lazy, tired all the time, eating junk and well miserable! I didnt like myself, I let myself down and had no motivation and for me that was a breaking point! So when my buddy came to me and asked me I ordered it, you still in? I am and to this day I feel better than I ever have! I took the challenge to not only improve my outward appearance and health, I did it for my inner strength as well! Challenging myself and taking my body to its limits! I went into this praying asking God to help me! Help me be a better follower, help me to have the strength to be what you have called me to be!

I can tell you that after the first month God has answered those prayers, but it required the willingness and discipline on my part to show up and bring it! And to be a follower of Jesus in my opinion requires the same! To be a Roadie is to have that honesty that says hey I need help! It says that I dont have the answers, it shows me that if I am going to follow Jesus its going to take all of me! I can just imagine what it was like, when Jesus walked up to Peter and John and said follow me! Rabbi's didnt ask people to follow them back then, the students or kids asked the Rabbi! And if a Rabbi chose a kid, that kid would become his roadie! Being Jesus' roadie teaches us daily to love like He did! Teaches that no one is unreachible, that there isnt a place we dont go!

So whats causing all this? Whats all the commotion about? What is all this stuff about roadies? Its about a life long journey to follow after the author of Life! Its about the life change that Jesus' love makes in our lives, and in the lives of others through us! I challenge you, whoever you are reading this, to love others and treat those you come in contact with like you would Jesus! Just see what a difference it makes not only in your life, but in the life of others! Go ahead, I dare ya, I double dog dare ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, your passion for Jesus and for Crossroads is contagious!! It's a thrill to live this life with you!

Anonymous said...

Right on!