Monday, January 19, 2009

Mighty To Save!

( Psalm 59:17 (New Living Translation)
17 O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love. )
Tonight as I sit and read I youtubed my favorite worship song, Mighty To Save! I listened to countless people from Hillsongs to Chris Tomlin to some church in well I dont know where the result was the same! The lyrics draw you to a point where you find yourself at the mercy of a loving God! This song captures hope like none before it in my opinion! I have sang this song countless times and many of those it has brought me to tears! The lyrics take me as you find me, with all of my fears and failures, fill my life again! If your like me you have both! No other religion could you say this, to no other god could you come to them and say take me as you find me, with all of my fears and failures, fill my life again without paying some kind of price you cant pay, and sacrificing something that you would never have to just to recieve that, yet Jesus paid that price for me!
A real man came down from a real Heaven, to pay a real price so that when I do screw up and make a mess out of not only my life but the direction it is going, I can ask God to fill my life again! I dont know about you, maybe you havent experienced that fact, maybe you havent experienced making a mess out of life, maybe you havent experienced the love and forgiveness and the overwhelming peace that God gives as His mercy wraps itself around you like a shield and tell's you its ok! Its alright, I forgive you! Maybe you have never been weakened by your failures or crippled by your fears! I know I have! I know the creeping thoughts that keep my mind from escaping to freedom! I have also experienced the freedom that comes from knowing Jesus!
I invite you to youtube that song, listen to the words, let them soak into your heart from your ears and allow that peace that can only come from a loving God to shield you from your preconcieved ideas that you are trapped by your fears and failures and experience the compassion and love that God is and has! And give your life to follow Him, give it all! all of your fears, beliefs, ideas, dreams, failures, triumphs, tears, words, thoughts, give them to Him and let God begin a new chapter in the book that is your life!

2 comments:

Chris Brooks said...

mighty to save is my fave hillsong tune.
and possibly my fave worship song ever...maybe.
either way it's incredible!

Anonymous said...

That's good. God will do whatever is necessary to bring his children to a place of dependency where they throw themselves on Him amd Him alone. He is our only hope at being, thinking and feeling what God desires us to.He is Mighty to Save and it seems that when we forget that sometimes he has to smite us so we will call out for our Savior.